Last Updated: April 2019
We have created this privacy statement to demonstrate our firm and continuing commitment to the privacy of personal information provided by those visiting and interacting with this web site. We hold the privacy of your personal information in the highest regard. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this website.
We recognise the importance of protecting your privacy and our policy is designed to assist you in understanding how we collect, use and safeguard the personal information you provide to us and to assist you in making informed decisions when using our site. This policy will be continuously assessed against new technologies, business practices and our customers' needs.
What Information Do We Collect?
When you visit this web site you may provide us with two types of information: personal information you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected on an individual basis and Web site use information collected on an aggregate basis as you and others browse our Web site.
1. Personal Information
You Choose to Provide: Registration Information - When you register for any of our products, services or newsletters you will provide us information about yourself.
Credit card information
We do not collect or store any credit card information that you may give to buy images or services on this site. We use a secure credit card processing company and the transaction is completed on line using very secure encryption methods by an authorized card processing company.
If you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses. We provide the same protections for these electronic communications that we employ in the maintenance of information received by mail and telephone.
2. Website Use Information
Like other commercial Web sites, our Web site utilizes a standard technology called "cookies" (see explanation below, "What Are Cookies?") and web server log files to collect information about how our Web site is used. Information gathered through cookies and Web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our Web site, and the Web sites visited just before and just after our Web site.
How do we use the information that you provide to us?
Broadly speaking, we use personal information for purposes of administering our business activities, providing the products and services you requested, to process your payment, , to monitor the use of the service, our marketing and promotional efforts and improve our content and service offerings, and customize our site's content, layout, services and for other lawful purposes. These uses improve our site and better tailor it to meet your needs.
Furthermore, such information may be shared with others on an aggregate basis. Personal identifiable information or business information will not be shared with parties except as required by law.
Occasionally, we may also use the information we collect to notify you about important changes to our Website, new services, and special offers we think you will find valuable. You may notify us at any time if you do not wish to receive these offers by emailing us at the link provided on the newsletter.
The rights of Users
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by the Owner. In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
Object to processing of their Data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent.
Access their Data. Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by the Owner, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
Restrict the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, the Owner will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from the Owner.
Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User's consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
What are Cookies?
How do we use information we collect from Cookies?
- IP addresses are used by your computer every time you are connected to the Internet. Your IP address is a number that is used by computers on the network to identify your computer. IP addresses are automatically collected by our web server as part of demographic and profile data known as traffic data so that data (such as the Web pages you request) can be sent to you.
Sharing and selling information
- We do not share, sell, lend or lease any of the information that uniquely identify a subscriber (such as email addresses or personal details) with anyone except to the extent it is necessary to process transactions or provide services that you have requested.
How can you access and correct your information?
You may request access to all your personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain in our database by emailing us at the usual address.
What about legally compelled disclosure of information?
We may disclose information when legally compelled to do so, in other words, when we, in good faith, believe that the law requires it or for the protection of our legal rights. We may also disclose account information when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our Terms of Service or to protect the safety of our users and the Public.
What about other websites linked to our website?
We are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our website or the information or content contained therein. Often links to other websites are provided solely as pointers to information on topics that may be useful to the users of our website.
Our commitment to data security:
Please note that your information will be stored and processed on our computers in the United Kingdom. The laws on holding personal data in the United Kingdom may be less stringent than the laws of your Country of residence or citizenship. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Choice/ Opt-In/ Opt-Out
This site allows visitors to unsubscribe so that they will not receive future messages. After unsubscribing we will discontinue sending the messages as soon as technically feasible.
Surveys & contests
From time-to-time our site requests information from users via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.
A special note about children
Children are not eligible to use our services unsupervised and we ask that children (under the age of 14) do not submit any personal information to us. If you are a minor, you can use this service only in conjunction with permission and guidance from your parents or guardians.
Acquisition or changes in ownership
In the event that the website (or a substantial portion of its assets) is acquired, your information would be considered part of those assets, and may be part of those assets that are transferred.
This statement applies to Contract Services’ (Next-Doors.com) websites and services that display or link to this notice (“Services”). Contract Services (Next-Doors.com) prohibits the use of the Services in any manner associated with the transmission, distribution or delivery of any unsolicited bulk or unsolicited commercial e-mail (“Spam”). You may not use any Services to send Spam.
You also may not deliver Spam or cause Spam to be delivered to any of Contract Services’ (Next-Doors.com) Services or customers.
In addition, e-mail sent, or caused to be sent, to or through the Services may not:
1. Use or contain invalid or forged headers;
2. Use or contain invalid or non-existent domain names;
3. Employ any technique to otherwise misrepresent, hide or obscure any information in identifying the point of origin or the transmission path;
4. Use other means of deceptive addressing;
5. Use a third party’s internet domain name, or be relayed from or through a third party’s equipment, without permission of the third party;
6. Contain false or misleading information in the subject line or otherwise contain false or misleading content;
7. Fail to comply with additional technical standards described below; or
Contract Services (Next-Doors.com) does not permit or authorize any attempt to use the Services in a manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair any aspect of any of the Services, or that could interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of any Service.
If Contract Services (Next-Doors.com) believes that unauthorized or improper use is being made of any Service, it may, without notice, take such action as it, in its sole discretion, deems appropriate, including blocking messages from a particular internet domain, mail server or IP address. Contract Services (Next-Doors.com) may immediately terminate any account on any Service, which it determines, in its sole discretion, is transmitting or is otherwise connected with any e-mail that violates this policy.
Nothing in this policy is intended to grant any right to transmit or send e-mail to, or through, the Services. Failure to enforce this policy in every instance does not amount to a waiver of Contract Services’ (Next-Doors.com) rights.
Unauthorized use of the Services in connection with the transmission of unsolicited e-mail, including the transmission of e-mail in violation of this policy, may result in civil, criminal, or administrative penalties against the sender and those assisting the sender.
Contract Services recognises that its operations impact on the environment in several ways.
- Contract Services wishes to minimise the potential harmful effects of such actions wherever and whenever it is practicable to do so.
- Contract Services is committed to achieving environmental best practice throughout his activities by:
- Ensuring the activities are safe for Contract Services employees, contractors, customers and others.
- Complying with or where possible exceeding legal requirements;
- Accepting reasonable responsibility for any harm to the environment caused by Contract Services activities and taking reasonable steps to remedy any damage;
- Monitoring purchasing practices and internal operations including energy and transport to ensure best use of natural resources and minimum environmental impact;
- Whenever possible reducing the environmental impact of goods and services supplied by adopting a "cradle to grave" assessment and responsibility for them;
- Minimising the waste produced in every part of Contract Services endeavours;
- Monitoring and working with suppliers and other third parties associated with Contract Services endeavours and setting them similar high standards;
- Seeking to integrate environmental considerations into all future policy goals through communication and training;
- Communicating the policy as appropriate to our employees, visitors and suppliers
- Developing systems to implement and review this policy.